The Directors and Senior Management of Microtech Electronics Limited are aware of their responsibility to do all within their powers to ensure that Microtech plays its part in ensuring that the environment is passed to future generations in a better condition than it is today.
Environmental Policy Statement
We recognise that our day-to-day operations can impact both directly and indirectly on the environment. We aim to protect and improve the environment through good management and by adopting best practice wherever possible. We will work to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and adopt greener alternatives throughout our operations wherever possible.
In all our activities we aspire to:
- Comply fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations.
- Prevent pollution to land, air and water.
- Reduce water and energy use.
- Minimise waste and increase recycling.
- Identify and manage environmental risks and hazards.
- Involve customers, partners, clients, suppliers and subcontractors in the implementation of our objectives.
- Promote environmentally responsible purchasing.
- Provide suitable training to enable employees to deal with their specific areas of environmental control.
- Improve the environmental efficiency of our transport and travel.
- Establish targets to measure the continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
Environmental Management System
Due to the scale and the nature of Microtech’s business operations it is likely to have a low impact on the environment. Nevertheless the cumulative effect of the Contract Electrical Manufacture business sector, of which it is a part, may be significant and therefore Microtech is committed to the implementation of an Environmental Management System (EMS) designed to reduce or eliminate its impact on the environment.
Microtech is taking a phased approach in line with BS8555:2003 to the implementation of its EMS system.
These phases are:
- Committing the company to implementing its EMS and assessing its current impact on the environment.
- Identifying and ensuring compliance with legal and other accepted requirements
- Developing objectives, targets and programmes to ensure they are met.
- Implementing and managing the EMS system
- Monitoring, Auditing and reviewing effectiveness and progress
- Certification or verification by a competent authority (eg ISO 14001 assessment or EMAS registration)
The purpose of the EMS is to:
Establish Microtech’s environmental impact by identifying the operations and practices that effect the environment. These may be:
- The direct result of the material, processes and practices employed by Microtech
- The indirectly result of inherited practices from supplier
- The consequential impact as a result of the products and services provided by Microtech to clients and customers.
- Meet or exceed all legislation and regulatory requirements
- Translate the Environmental Policy into practical actions to mitigate the effect of Microtech’s operations on the Environment
- Set Objectives and Targets to monitor and review EMS performance
- Reduce waste
- Increase recycling
- Reduce energy use
- Eliminate the use of environmentally hazardous practices or substances
- Promote awareness or provide training for Microtech’s employees to ensure they implement EMS processes safely, efficiently and with minimal impact on the environment.
- Promote a corporate awareness that will result in continual improvement to the EMS.