You know that the true costs of your products is not the same as the "FOB China" price (price at the factory gates) especially if your volumes are modest! When all the costs are taken into account manufacture in the UK is frequently better value than off-shore". What are these cost savings?
- Cash Flow - Batch sizes can be more closely matched to the demand for the product helping to maintain fast delivery to your customers without the necessity to tie up cash holding large amounts of stock.
- Hold-ups - Any hold-ups in production due to technical issues, component supply, or changes you need to make to the product specification can be resolved locally at very little cost in terms of travel or lost time.
- NPI - New Product Intoduction involves your design team working closely with your manufacturer to build prototypes, resolve technical issues, ensure the design is optimised for manufacture, design tooling, test eqipment and many more activities. These can be done more quickly and at a lower cost when your manufacture is local to you and geared up to help.
- Shipping Costs - Unless shipping in volume, the shipping cost of an individual item can be significant. A local supplier in the UK keeps the cost of delivery to a minimum, Microtech in many instances can hold your stock and even ship direct to your end customer.
- Returns - Your manufacturer has an important role to play should a product fail in the field. Microtech, being a local manufacturer, provides this support for products both during and after the waranty period.